Saturday, May 10, 2014
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Are you feeling tired, under the weather, constant allergies or headaches? What are you doing to eliminate them? Sick maintenance? Meaning go to the doctor, fork out your co-pay, possibly get a prescription, maybe buy some OTC meds, experience the side effects, dealing with insurance deductibles, the list can go on and on!
What if...just what if...you started spending your time and energy on sick PREVENTION instead of maintenance? How do you think your health would be affected? How do you think your pocketbook would be affected?
If you're constantly sick or feeling bad, now may be the time to do a check on what's affecting you. Lack of sleep? Poor eating habits? Allergies? Is your gut unhealthy? And now think about how much you're spending each month to try to get healthy again, only to get sick AGAIN a few weeks later! Ugh!
Trust me, we've been there. We were there for a long time.
We finally got sick of sick and decided to get healthier!
Now that we're using natural supplements and cleaning products, our allergies are BETTER, our gut health is WAY BETTER, this mama has TONS MORE ENERGY, my sweet husband has been sinus infection FREE, our son has been stomach virus FREE, and we're not spending money on sick maintenance.
We're spending that money on sick PREVENTION. And we've reaped the rewards of changing our lifestyle by doing so!
Now, I'm not a doctor, I will NEVER prescribe something to you. I will ALWAYS tell you to ask the opinion of your own doctor first.
However, I'm happy to share with you what safe, natural remedies work for our family! After lots of research, our family chose to use Shaklee's products for a number of reasons, the top two I'll list.
1) Their products are based on science, not fads. Shaklee's products go through rigorous quality testing before being put on the shelves. Check out Clinical Research and the Landmark Study for more information!
2) Integrity. I don't know about you, but integrity is huge when it comes to choosing a company that's all about health and wellness. Shaklee is built on integrity and taking care of people; in fact, you won't find a recall from our products anywhere. They want their products to be SAFE!
There is no such thing as a miracle pill, miracle oil, miracle drink, get better in 3 days while you lose 30lbs in the process. Sorry folks, it just doesn't work that way.
Building better health takes time and commitment; not a whole lot of time, but you've got to be invested in yourself and your family for their future health! And it's not that hard!
I've rediscovered my passion for HELPING OTHERS get healthier, happier and reap the rewards of this lifestyle. I want to help you too!
Here's to YOUR HEALTH!
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
- five of Shaklee's best selling products to begin Shaklee-izing your home (retail value of over $500)
- 250 PV
- Distributor Welcome Kit
- A Shaklee Personal Web Site - free for 3 months!
- 15% off SRP on all product purchases
- Access to MyShaklee.com
Monday, April 7, 2014
|Name||Found in||Potentially harmful effects|
|Phthalates||Solvents used to make fragrances||Endocrine disrupters: Men with high levels of phthalates in their blood have reduced sperm counts.|
|Perchloroethylene(PERC)||Dry-cleaning solution, spot removers, carpet cleaners||The EPA classifies PERC as a possible carcinogen and has ordered a phase-out of the chemical by 2020.|
|Triclosan||An antibacterial found in dishwashing detergents and hand soaps||Leads to drug-resistant bacteria and is a possible hormone disrupter.|
|2-Butoxyethanol||Mostly found in window cleaners, is responsible for the sweet smell||General irritant when inhaled, at high levels can damage lungs, liver, and kidneys|
|Ammonia||Found in many cleaning products||When inhaled, it can irritate the lungs and potentially worsen asthma.|
|Chlorine||Another ubiquitous chemical, found in toilet bowl cleaner, mildew removers, laundry products, and even tap water||Chlorine is very reactive and irritates skin and lungs. It may disrupt the thyroid.|
Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Sunday, March 30, 2014
- It's $40.25 (member price) for a 14lb box and has lasted me NINE MONTHS
- We're averaging about $5 per month for laundry detergent
- I do a LOT of laundry
- This detergent average about $.14 per load
- Our clothes are cleaner, with no soap residue, and they seem to be lasting longer
- It's really good for the environment with no phosphates or chlorine. It's also biodegradable, concentrated, and hypoallergenic
Saturday, March 29, 2014
My husband and I thought living a more natural lifestyle was going to break the bank. It hasn't! Our family's health is the best it's ever been, which means less doctor visits, less prescriptions, and less time off work, thanks to safe, natural nutrition!
Our home is finally REALLY clean, thanks to nontoxic cleaners that actually work! My skin is looking and feeling better, and I lost those last few baby lbs thanks to excellent beauty care and a tasty weight management product.
Shaklee is NOT about selling miracles and I'm not either! Shaklee is all about SCIENCE, not fads! Trust me, I have not decided to make Shaklee my brand partner so that I can sell, sell, sell to people. No, that's not it. I chose to partner with Shaklee because I have a passion for helping other moms get their families healthier. And in turn, I'm rewarded for it. But an even bigger bonus out of all that is that I not only help these moms get their families healthier, but I'm helping them either get their favorite Shaklee products FREE every month or create their own health and wellness business!
Wednesday, March 26, 2014
Thursday, March 20, 2014
We just love spending time out on the deck. We added a nice table and chairs so we can eat dinner outside. We're fortunate that there are a lot of nice weather days where we live, so we get a lot of use out of the deck! This is just one of the many, many DIY projects we've taken on since moving in! Do you DIY when it comes to home improvement?
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Friday, March 7, 2014
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Sunday, March 2, 2014
Saturday, March 1, 2014
Oh, hi there!
It's been like a month since I've blogged...wow!
I wanted to share with you a sermon from one of my friends, Amanda. This is a sermon she spoke at her church a few weeks back about learning to be free from body image issues and learning to love who God made us to be.
I've known Amanda for a little over two years. We met at MOPS back in the day where she was the discussion group leader of our table. She is the type of person you want to be around...she's kind, generous, hilarious, never, ever hesitates to speak truth into people's lives...she's the real deal!
When Amanda and I saw each other regularly, she was really into clean eating and working out...I totally admired her dedication and determination. I didn't realize, however, that it ended up being really unhealthy for her in her thought life, spiritual life, family life, etc.
This sermon is how Amanda broke free from the power of food and body image.
If you're a woman, then it's most likely you have struggled with poor body image at some point in your life.
I always have. I still struggle with it, sometimes on a daily basis. Sometimes to the point where I get obsessive about it. I keep a lot of it inside, but it's not healthy for me, it's not healthy for my family.
It's funny how things work out...I'd actually been feeling myself getting back into the negative talk, the negative self image, when her sermon was posted online. I watched it last night; it was the right time for me! And I just knew I had to share it with my own community! This isn't just for women and girls...this is for the guys too.
Watch Amanda's fantastic sermon about overcoming self image issues and learning to love yourself the way God loves you!
THANK YOU, Amanda for your powerful words!
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Monday, February 3, 2014
- Print photo books of each boy's first year. STARTED! Woot-woot! After I began Kyle's (he's FIVE) I became totally overwhelmed. I had 20 pages of his first MONTH. At that rate, it would take me 5 years and $5k just to make baby books for both boys. I quickly narrowed the pics down the most important. So I've ordered Kyle's first 6 months and am working on Beck's first 6 months.
- Finally finish our laundry room once and for all. Haven't touched it yet.
- Clean out, organize, sell or throw away the items in our garage apartment. STARTED! Pat on the back please! I've sold quite a bit of old baby items... in fact, I made about $100 last week just selling items off our local Facebook Buy/Sell pages! Getting rid of two giant strollers that take up tons of room was a big relief!
- Meal planning. Ugh. Fail.
- Plant some colorful plants/flowers in our front beds. Nothing yet. The weather has been so hot/cold this winter that I've held off until we're really done with freezes.
- Take a cooking class. Not yet.
- Get going on the potty training with our youngest. Hahaha! This one is a doozy. He is does NOT want to stop wearing diapers. I've tried bribing with his favorite candy, I bought him super hero underwear, I've begged, I've pleaded. Nope. Not gonna do it right now.
- Expand my health and wellness business. I'm so excited about this one! Several new families have committed to join our Mission and they are loving it! I so love helping others get their lives healthier!