Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Sunday, March 2, 2014
Saturday, March 1, 2014
Oh, hi there!
It's been like a month since I've blogged...wow!
I wanted to share with you a sermon from one of my friends, Amanda. This is a sermon she spoke at her church a few weeks back about learning to be free from body image issues and learning to love who God made us to be.
I've known Amanda for a little over two years. We met at MOPS back in the day where she was the discussion group leader of our table. She is the type of person you want to be around...she's kind, generous, hilarious, never, ever hesitates to speak truth into people's lives...she's the real deal!
When Amanda and I saw each other regularly, she was really into clean eating and working out...I totally admired her dedication and determination. I didn't realize, however, that it ended up being really unhealthy for her in her thought life, spiritual life, family life, etc.
This sermon is how Amanda broke free from the power of food and body image.
If you're a woman, then it's most likely you have struggled with poor body image at some point in your life.
I always have. I still struggle with it, sometimes on a daily basis. Sometimes to the point where I get obsessive about it. I keep a lot of it inside, but it's not healthy for me, it's not healthy for my family.
It's funny how things work out...I'd actually been feeling myself getting back into the negative talk, the negative self image, when her sermon was posted online. I watched it last night; it was the right time for me! And I just knew I had to share it with my own community! This isn't just for women and girls...this is for the guys too.
Watch Amanda's fantastic sermon about overcoming self image issues and learning to love yourself the way God loves you!
THANK YOU, Amanda for your powerful words!
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Monday, February 3, 2014
- Print photo books of each boy's first year. STARTED! Woot-woot! After I began Kyle's (he's FIVE) I became totally overwhelmed. I had 20 pages of his first MONTH. At that rate, it would take me 5 years and $5k just to make baby books for both boys. I quickly narrowed the pics down the most important. So I've ordered Kyle's first 6 months and am working on Beck's first 6 months.
- Finally finish our laundry room once and for all. Haven't touched it yet.
- Clean out, organize, sell or throw away the items in our garage apartment. STARTED! Pat on the back please! I've sold quite a bit of old baby items... in fact, I made about $100 last week just selling items off our local Facebook Buy/Sell pages! Getting rid of two giant strollers that take up tons of room was a big relief!
- Meal planning. Ugh. Fail.
- Plant some colorful plants/flowers in our front beds. Nothing yet. The weather has been so hot/cold this winter that I've held off until we're really done with freezes.
- Take a cooking class. Not yet.
- Get going on the potty training with our youngest. Hahaha! This one is a doozy. He is does NOT want to stop wearing diapers. I've tried bribing with his favorite candy, I bought him super hero underwear, I've begged, I've pleaded. Nope. Not gonna do it right now.
- Expand my health and wellness business. I'm so excited about this one! Several new families have committed to join our Mission and they are loving it! I so love helping others get their lives healthier!
Thursday, January 30, 2014
When you join Shaklee as a Member/Distributor, you will get:
What does this mean for YOU?
So, what qualifies for all this goodness, a free membership, discounts, free smoothie mix, and our awesome community?
Clinically Proven To Improve Your Skin
Changing Brands Can Change Your Life
Wednesday, January 29, 2014
Our Best Prevention Strategies:Take Good Care of Yourself: As always, the best place to start to maintain a good immune system is with the basics. Make sure to keep exercising, sleep well, reduce stress, drink alcohol in moderation, and eat a low-fat, low-sugar diet.
Wash Your Hands: Washing hands remains the most effective way to protect yourself and your family from colds and flu. Lather, rinse, repeat throughout the day. Do it long enough to sing "Happy Birthday" twice.
Boost the Beneficial Bacteria: 80 percent of your immune system surrounds your digestive system. Research supports a healthy gut flora and overall immunity.
- Oranges, strawberries, bell peppers, potatoes and other vitamin C and E rich fruits and vegetables are all good for your immune system.
- I do not like mushrooms, but have read that Shiitake, Maitake, and other mushrooms have been used for boosting the immune system.
- Garlic and onions have been researched for their ability to modulate immune function.
- Macro-Nutrients: the macro-nutrients are proteins, carbohydrates, and fats. Focus on good proteins for a healthy immune system. Supplement with EPA and DHA, or eat fish twice a week for those healthy fats.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Vitamins such as vitamin A, B6, B12, E C, folate, and the minerals zinc, copper and iron all support an effective immune response.
- Vitamin D: vitamin D, in particular, has been the focus research on optimal immune system functioning. Vitamin D plays a role in the improving mucus membrane barrier functioning, the production of anti-microbial peptides (small proteins), and in general overall immune support.