Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cinch Energy Tea - Product Review

cinch pomegranate teaNote: I do not get this product free for reviewing. I bought it, tried it, and wanted to share my thoughts with you. 

I bought Shaklee's Cinch Energy Tea Mix a few weeks ago because I was looking for something that would give me that late afternoon kick (I'm a mommy of 1 kiddo who doesn't sleep during the day and another kiddo who doesn't sleep at night!) without caffeine. I have nothing against caffeine...I drink coffee every morning, but if I drink it too late in the day then I have trouble getting to sleep. And I rarely drink sodas because of all the chemicals and sugar (go on family, and roll your eyes!) that I just don't want to consume.

I was browsing through Shaklee's healthy weight products and saw the Cinch tea and decided to give it a whirl.

What's the Shaklee claim about this tea?

  • It's a natural alternative to coffee, sodas, and sweet snacks
  • Includes taurine, which is a widely studied amino acid that enhances alertness, energy, and endurance
Much to my surprise (I really was skeptical about it), it works! It really gives me some extra energy without feeling jittery or agitated, which I can get from caffeine. And as a bonus to me, it's all natural and doesn't have all the preservatives and/or chemicals that other drinks might have. Plus, I haven't experienced a 'crash' from it or felt overly hyper. Yay!

So what's in it? 
  • A three-tea blend of Matcha green tea powder, white tea extract, and Rooibos red tea extract
  • Stevia for sweetness

Who benefits from it?
  • Anyone who wants a low-calorie alternative to sugary snacks, sodas, or coffee for quick energy
  • Anyone looking for a way to manage their weight and inches
  • Anyone who wants to boost energy naturally
  • Anyone who wants the antioxidant protection and benefits associated with green tea

And now for the big question: How does it taste?
It's pretty good!  It's not very sweet but that's because there are no artificial sweeteners. I want a quick pick-me-up so I mix it with about 6oz of cold water and gulp it down. I start feeling the pick up within about 15 minutes.

So if you're looking for an all-natural energy boost, I highly suggest this tea mix. It's available in Unsweetened Tea or Pomegranate Tea.

3 comments :

  1. Sounds healthy and delicious! I'll have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could definitely use the energy and sounds like something I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a fantastic alternative to caffeinated beverages.

    ReplyDelete