I bought Shaklee's Cinch Energy Tea Mix a few weeks ago because I was looking for something that would give me that late afternoon kick (I'm a mommy of 1 kiddo who doesn't sleep during the day and another kiddo who doesn't sleep at night!) without caffeine. I have nothing against caffeine...I drink coffee every morning, but if I drink it too late in the day then I have trouble getting to sleep. And I rarely drink sodas because of all the chemicals and sugar (go on family, and roll your eyes!) that I just don't want to consume.
I was browsing through Shaklee's healthy weight products and saw the Cinch tea and decided to give it a whirl.
What's the Shaklee claim about this tea?
- It's a natural alternative to coffee, sodas, and sweet snacks
- Includes taurine, which is a widely studied amino acid that enhances alertness, energy, and endurance
So what's in it?
- A three-tea blend of Matcha green tea powder, white tea extract, and Rooibos red tea extract
- Stevia for sweetness
Who benefits from it?
- Anyone who wants a low-calorie alternative to sugary snacks, sodas, or coffee for quick energy
- Anyone looking for a way to manage their weight and inches
- Anyone who wants to boost energy naturally
- Anyone who wants the antioxidant protection and benefits associated with green tea
And now for the big question: How does it taste?
It's pretty good! It's not very sweet but that's because there are no artificial sweeteners. I want a quick pick-me-up so I mix it with about 6oz of cold water and gulp it down. I start feeling the pick up within about 15 minutes.
So if you're looking for an all-natural energy boost, I highly suggest this tea mix. It's available in Unsweetened Tea or Pomegranate Tea.