Saturday, March 1, 2014

Free to Be Who God Made You to Be

Oh, hi there!

It's been like a month since I've blogged...wow! 

I wanted to share with you a sermon from one of my friends, Amanda. This is a sermon she spoke at her church a few weeks back about learning to be free from body image issues and learning to love who God made us to be. 

I've known Amanda for a little over two years. We met at MOPS back in the day where she was the discussion group leader of our table. She is the type of person you want to be around...she's kind, generous, hilarious, never, ever hesitates to speak truth into people's lives...she's the real deal!

When Amanda and I saw each other regularly, she was really into clean eating and working out...I totally admired her dedication and determination. I didn't realize, however, that it ended up being really unhealthy for her in her thought life, spiritual life, family life, etc.

This sermon is how Amanda broke free from the power of food and body image

If you're a woman, then it's most likely you have struggled with poor body image at some point in your life.

I always have. I still struggle with it, sometimes on a daily basis. Sometimes to the point where I get obsessive about it. I keep a lot of it inside, but it's not healthy for me, it's not healthy for my family. 

It's funny how things work out...I'd actually been feeling myself getting back into the negative talk, the negative self image, when her sermon was posted online. I watched it last night; it was the right time for me! And I just knew I had to share it with my own community! This isn't just for women and girls...this is for the guys too. 

Watch Amanda's fantastic sermon about overcoming self image issues and learning to love yourself the way God loves you!

THANK YOU, Amanda for your powerful words! 















post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment