Friday, September 14, 2012

What's for Dinner? Eggplant Caponata

So Eggplant Caponata is pretty much the only thing I can cook and not screw up. If you know me, you know that I can easily mess up toast. It's pathetic.

But Eggplant Caponata is so easy, that it's virtually screw up-less.

I'd never heard of it before until my sweet friend brought it over for dinner right after baby #2 was born. We fell in love with it and make it several times a month.

It's super healthy and so filling! We like to serve it over herbed couscous. Yum!

Here's the recipe...let me know if you try it how you like it!














Eggplant Caponata

A couple tablespoons over EVOO in a large pot. In that pot add:
1 yellow onion, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced

Let them saute for a few minutes.

Then, chop and add the following to the pot:
1 red bell pepper
1 Anaheim pepper
1 medium eggplant
A few handfuls of golden raisins
1/2 c coarsely chopped green olives
1/2 c coarsely chopped Kalamata olives
2 oz capers, drained
28 oz can of diced tomatoes
16 oz can of crushed tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste

Once everything is in the pot, stir it up, cover and let simmer for about 15 min or until the eggplant is soft but not mushy.

Serve over couscous or polenta!

This freezes well too!





2 comments :

  1. Hi Jessica! Looks so yummy!! I love easy and healthy meals, glad you shared this! Thanks for stopping by my blog, going to start following yours now :) Can't wait to read more!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! It's such an easy recipe for a non-cook like me! Thanks for the follow!

      Delete