Friday, November 22, 2013

Quick Tip | Make Your Own Foaming Soap

Hand washing is probably one of, if not the most, important ways to keep yourself healthy! The nasty germs are all over and our hands are usually all over everything as well: our phones, the car, grocery carts, changing diapers, touching computers, helping kids in the bathroom, wiping noses, going to the park...

And did you know that pretty much every hand soap you buy has junk in it that you don't need? Like artificial colors? Even the brands that label themselves as 'natural'. It's true. 

Check out this label on a super popular brand. The soap is CLEAR, yet they put in Violet 5. What? And more importantly, WHY??











My friend Jenny over at +Conscientious Confusion Blog posted waaaaay back in the day how to make your own foaming hand soap. I'm just now getting around to making it. 

It's so super easy and much more cost efficient than the stuff you get at the store! My five year old has been helping me make it because it's that easy!

Here's how I did it:
  • 1 empty foaming soap bottle (I had these on hand, but I'm sure you could ask some friends for their old ones!)
  • Castile soap (I have Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castile Soap...love this stuff and it's not expensive at all!)
  • Distilled/filtered water
  • Essential oils (optional - I used Wild Orange this time. Mmm!)

Simply fill your empty soap container about 1/3 full of the castile soap. Fill the rest with water and a few drops of essential oils of your choice. Give it a good shake and you've got natural, nontoxic, inexpensive foaming hand soap!

Have you made your own soaps before? 

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment