Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Homemade Vitamin Water

Did you know that Vitamin Water has 13 grams of sugar in one serving? That makes 32.5 grams in just one bottle of supposed- to- b-e good- for- you Vitamin Water.

I happen to like flavored still water. Not flavored sparkling water. Sparkling water reminds me of Alka Seltzer.

I've had Vitamin Water many times. I like the taste, it's convenient, and it looks healthy. Sigh. Fooled by labels again!

On a search for a healthier alternative, I found a recipe for homemade vitamin water using some of our wonderful natural products.

It's been tasted and husband and kid approved and it's super easy! Added bonus, the Defend and Resist has been proven to help your body respond to seasonal challenges (preschool boogies anyone?) by upping your immune system! And we all need a little extra Vitamin C and D in our diets too!

So mix it up and drink daily as a preventative to all the junk that's sure to be coming your way with the cooler seasons. Or if you're already feeling a little puny, drink it twice a day.

3 T of Performance Orange or Lemon Lime (I prefer Orange myself)
10 Chewable Vitamin C
4 Defend and Resist
1 Vitamin D
2-3 C ice
8-12 oz water

Mix in a large pitcher and enjoy!

I would love to help you order your supplements today so you have them in stock for the upcoming cold and flu season! Contact me through this blog, via Facebook, or through my Shaklee site!

No comments :

Post a Comment