Sunday, July 8, 2012

How I Clean Quickly and WITHOUT Toxins!

We are in the process of Shaklee-izing our home; in a nutshell, getting rid of all the toxic cleaners that we've been using for years. I'm talking about your 409's, bleaches, Lysol's, Clorox Wipes, etc. Why? Well, toxins are in all of these name brand cleaning products. 
 
Toxins = bad, bad, bad. They absorb into your skin, you can inhale them, you have to worry about your kiddos ingesting them on accident. Need I go on?

You may be thinking, green cleaning products = expensive or doesn't work. So not true with my Shaklee Get Clean products!
 
I have to admit, I was very overwhelmed at what to get when I started our Shaklee-izing journey. With the help of a friend, I decided to get the Get Clean Starter Kit. It has everything I need to get my entire home clean and toxin-free. I've been suggesting this to all my family and friends when they decide to join us on this clean, green adventure. Not one person has said they wish they hadn't chosen the Starter Kit. 
 
But I digress...

Here's the low down on the cost of the Get Clean line. One 16 oz bottle of Basic H Organic Concentrate costs $12.15. One 16 oz bottle of Mrs. Meyers Countertop Spray costs about $5.  What's the difference? That 16 oz of Basic H is going to make up to 48 GALLONS of all purpose cleaner! To get 48 gallons of Mrs. Meyers, you'd have to spend over $1900! That is crazy expensive!

Now about the thought that green cleaning products don't work. Not true. At least not with the Get Clean line. My husband (skeptic extroidinaire) has been very impressed with the quality of these products. I've even heard him recommend them to his co-workers! The Get Clean line really does work. And it doesn't take extra scrubbing to get it to work...it just does!

Let me give you a show and tell of how I quickly and greenly (is that a word??) clean our bathrooms. These products are so easy to use, that I just spray and wipe, spray and wipe!

Here's what I use every time.
  • Basic H for the mirrors and the chrome faucets. This stuff works! No streaks! Just mix 2 drops of the concentrate into a 16 oz bottle. It only costs $.02 per 16 oz. Yep, that's pennies!
  • With that, I use the Microfiber Window Cloth on the mirrors and chrome. It is wonderful. No streaks and I don't waste expensive paper towels! Woot!
  • Scour Off is for the tub. I may or may not use it...depends on how much dirt my boys leave in there!  Scour off takes of rust, mold, hard water build up, and it smells like cherries!
  • Basic G for all of the surfaces like the counters, the tile in the tub, and the toilet. It replaces bleach products and works so.much.better. For starters, it's not going to fry your nose hairs from the smell. Plus, it kills over 40 microbes that just lurk in homes. Just like Basic H, it's economical. One quart makes 64 gallons!
  • Nature Bright Laundry Booster and Stain Remover. What? Laundry booster in the bathroom? Oh, yes. This handy dandy stuff cleans the commode. Leaves it sparkling white!  Just flush, add 2 scoops of Nature Bright, spray a little Basic G in there, give it a swirl with the brush, and flush again! 
 
And here are some before and after pics. 



SPOTTY
SPARKLY
SPOTTY
CRYSTAL CLEAR!
 I hope you found this helpful. Please visit my Shaklee site to see the products I mentioned!

No comments :

Post a Comment