Monday, August 26, 2013

Three Day Mini Cleanse | Getting Back on Track

Hi there!

Today I started a three day mini cleanse. The past two weeks have been off kilter for us. Our youngest son (2 years old) had an accident two weeks ago. Thank the Lord he's a-ok, just missing a few of his teeth! Yikes! It could've been worse, but we're forever thankful it wasn't. Anyway, we had a few stressful days trying to keep him comfortable and feed him foods that were soft so he could eat!

That said, the stress of it all led to stress eating for me, along with totally stopping my workouts! No bueno! My favorite shorts are getting a little snug, I feel sluggish from not having a consistent workout routine...it's time to get back on track!

I do this mini cleanse several times a year, when things come up. It's safe, it's easy, and the best part of all...once I've completed the cleanse, I feel so much better, with more energy...just ready to take it all on!

Now, this cleanse is NOT a weight loss cleanse. It's simply a way to detox my body, get rid of all the bad food (Kincaid's Hamburgers, Mi Cocina queso, a margarita here and there, chocolate chip cookies!) and start fresh, ready to get back on a healthy eating and workout plan!


This is my Day One accountability check in!

Breakfast: 
1 "Butterfinger" Shaklee 180 Smoothee. 2 scoops of vanilla 180 mix, about 1 teaspoon of Chocolate PB2, and 8oz of homemade almond milk

Snack:
1 cup grapes, 12 raw almonds

Lunch:
1 Chocolate Shaklee 180 Smoothee. 2 scoops of chocolate 180 mix and 8oz of almond milk. I also take my Vitalizer strip. I have to wait til I've been up for awhile before taking my vitamins! 
(Note: I get the Lean & Healthy 180 Kit, which has 2 containers of Smoothee mixes and the Vitalizer! It's set up on autoship so it arrives at the same time every month and I don't have to think about it. I get mine for free...and you can too!)

Snack: 
1 organic string cheese, 1 clementine orange

Dinner:
Small piece of grilled chicken, about a cup of mixed grilled veggies

Water: 65oz (a good trick to make sure you're getting enough is to divide your weight in half. That's how many ounces you'll need each day)

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

I also did 20 minutes of HIIT (high intensity interval training). It wasn't 20 straight minutes because the boys kept interrupting me, but I got it all in eventually!

Today was HARD for me. I've gotten so used to the unhealthy eating, that my body was like, "What? No cookies today?" I also had a headache for awhile, but after drinking all my water, it finally flushed out!

I don't expect to lose any weight, but I'm certain my favorite shorts are going to fit better by Wednesday night! I'll be back tomorrow with Day 2 Accountability Check In!

Have you ever done a mini cleanse? Did it work for you? 

Don't forget to join my private Facebook group! Join by clicking here.


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment