Epsom salt is made up of naturally occurring minerals magnesium and sulfate, which can help improve health in numerous ways. A lack of magnesium, which helps regulate the activity of more than 300 enymes in the body, can contribute to high blood pressure, hyperactivity, heart problems, and other health issues. Sulfate is essential for many biolocial processes, helping to flush toxinc and helping form proteins in joints, brin tissue and mucin proteins. via Epsom Salt Council
Here are our top 5 uses for Epsom salt! We love it!
- Soak bath - add 1 cup of Epsom salt to warm bath and soak for 20 minutes.
- Homemade foot scrub (recipe below!)
- Fade bruises - make a compress of cold water and Epsom salt then apply to skin.
- Feed your plants - mix 2 T of Epsom salt to 1 gallon of water.
- Splinter removal - soak in Epsom salt and water to draw out the splinter
Homemade Epsom Salt Foot Scrub
1 c Epsom salt
1/4 c olive oil (or almond oil)
1 teas Castillo soap
(my favorite is Dr. Bronners Classic Peppermint!)
10-20 drops of your favorite essential oil (optional; I used Young Living Lavender...sooo relaxing!)
Mix all this together in small bowl or jar, adding more essential oils to get the fragrance you like. Cover and use as needed! Let me know if you try it and like it!
Have you joined my Healthy Happy Life Facebook group yet? I'd love to connect with you!
Plus, I have a super exciting announcement later on this week! It involves detoxing your life in a safe, natural way! You don't want to miss out...details to come soon!!