Sunday, September 1, 2013

Easy Penne Pasta Recipe

I've mentioned many times that I'm not much of a cook. My husband is THE cook in our family...sometimes we call him Masterchef. :) However, the few things I can put together are one dish meals...those are my specialty, if you will. 

Today I'm sharing with you a super yummy, super easy dish!

Let me know if you try it!

Penne with Roasted Corn and Poblano, Beans, and Avocado
(adapted from Cooking Light)

  • poblano peppers
  • red bell peppers
  • ears shucked corn 
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice 
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • garlic clove, minced
  • 4 cups hot cooked penne (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
  • 1 can black beans, drained
  • 1 cup finely chopped onion 
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 
  • chopped peeled avocado 

  • Preheat broiler.
  • Cut poblano and bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Add corn to baking sheet. Broil until peppers are blackened and corn is lightly browned, turning corn occasionally. Place peppers in a brown paper bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and coarsely chop. Cut kernels from ears of corn.
  • Combine juice, oil, salt, black pepper, cumin, and garlic in a large bowl; stir. Add peppers, corn, black beans, pasta, and remaining ingredients.
  • Serve immediately and enjoy!
Have you joined my private Facebook group yet? I'd love to connect with you!

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment